Scientific Review Process
All vaccine effectiveness studies of DRIVE are carried out independently by the participating centres (which include European public health institutes, universities and research networks).
The scientific deliverables of DRIVE WP7, including the annual reports of brand-specific pooled influenza vaccine effectiveness results, undergo a thorough and transparent review led by the Independent Scientific Committee (ISC).
(1) Public partners perform the studies and write the deliverable.
(2) The ISC reviews the deliverable.
(3) Public partners revise the deliverable according to the ISC’s feedback.
(4) Private partners review the revised deliverable and may provide written comments to the ISC.
(5) The ISC reviews the private partners’ comments and marks them for inclusion or exclusion.
(6) Public partners implement the comments according to the ISC’s recommendation.
(7) The deliverable is published and submitted to IMI, EMA (in the case of the annual report) and other stakeholders.